Meiko™ Ceremonial Matcha 1kg
Full-bodied with Subtle Floral Aromas
This hearty ceremonial-grade matcha brews a deeply rich emerald green cordial with robust body, sweet-savory undertones and a bouquet of floral notes and delicate tannins
Iridescent green in color, Meiko™ (an epithet referencing to the beautiful budding of a flowering plant) is masterfully blended to create a well-defined, flavorsome brew with sweet, mellow top notes, followed by savory undertones of salted caramel and with floral hints of tannins complementing the finish. This matcha is characterized by its remarkable ooika fragrance, a captivatingly refreshing aroma found only in the most exceptional shade-grown green tea. Perfect to be brewed on its own or enjoyed as part of a plethora of health elixirs of choice.
Please visit: Step-by-step Ceremonial Matcha Brewing Tutorial Video
Place 1/2 tsp (approx. 2 bamboo scoops) of matcha (~1g) in matcha bowl, then wet with 15ml (0.5fl oz) of 70ºC/160ºF water. Thoroughly knead mixture using bamboo whisk until smooth paste forms. Add 70ml (2.4fl oz) of remaining water and mix until consistent.
Upon sipping, roll the liquid around the palate to appreciate the full flavor anatomy of the tea.
- Store in a cool dry place, away from moisture, sunlight, and odors
- Refrigerate after opening for maximum flavor and potency
I bought all 3 ceremonial matcha at the same time, so that I could compare the taste of all 3, to decide which one I liked best.
- dry powder: Misaki had the strongest fragrance. Matsu had a light, fresh fragrance. Meiko had the darkest green colour, with average fragrance.
- hot drink: Misaki had the deepest, strongest fragrance. Matsu had a fresh, refined smell that lingers. Meiko’s smell dissipated the fastest
Ease of mixing:
Meiko mixed easiest with hot water. Matsu had the most green tea residue after mixing.
Misaki had a full-bodied, most intense taste, with a bitter aftertaste. Matsu had the freshest, most refined taste.
Easy everyday drink with no bitter aftertaste.
Best for people who like the taste of strong teas.
Best for people who enjoy the fragrance of tea while drinking
- taste is very subjective. I tried my best to be objective, making sure the conditions were the same for all the 3 teas that I tasted
- 1/2 teaspoon of powder used
- Hot water at 65-70degC was used
- I do not have a whisk, so I used a metal teaspoon which may have affected the taste
Meiko Ceremonial Matcha is amazing. Its Full-Bodied with Subtle Floral Aromas is everything they claim it to be. I love my Meiko Matcha latte and desserts. Matchaeologist is the best!
This is what I have for breakfast nearly every day.... a breakfast arugula, fruit and nut salad with matcha.
Meiko is the first blend I have ever had that does not taste bitter or acidic. It is pleasant and smooth on it's own.
The best matcha I've ever tasted. Gorgeous color, full bodied flavour, excellent. The only tricky thing is to empty the sachet into the tin without spilling, but it's a minor thing you can easily go over it. I'll definitely buy it again.